A question that keeps on popping up from Rhythmic Gymnasts, their Parents and new Coaches to the Sport is how do you determine the length of the Rope for the Gymnast.
This video is a step by step guide to measuring and cutting a Rhythmic Gymnastics Rope.
What you need to get started
- Rhythmic Gymnastics Rope
- Insulation tape
- Candle and matches
- Sharpened knife
- Cutting board
- Stand on the middle section of the Rope with both your feet
- Adjust the ends of the Rope so that they are inline with your armpits
- Adjust the Rope again so that the one end of the Rope is inline with your one armpit - place a tight knot at the end of this side of the Rope
- Measure and adjust the Rope once again - and add a knot to the other side of the Rope
- Check that the Rope is the correct length for you height - both knots should be inline with your armpits
- Wrap insulation tape around the end of the Rope that you need to cut
- Cut the end(s) of the Rope with a sharp knife
- Seal the end of the Rope by burning it with a candle - this will ensure that there is no fraying